Dubai’s forex market: a secure destination for foreign investors
The Dubai forex market is truly the best destination not only for its locales but also for worldwide foreign investors due to the ultimate safety and cost-effectiveness the emirate city features. That is why the Dubai forex market has become the leading hub for a legion of global traders interested in entering it. It is all a breeze to start trading in the Dubai Forex market: all you need to do is create a Dubai Forex account and fund it using Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency you choose.
Although the Dubai forex market is relatively young, yet is attaining prominence fast with time. The Dubai forex market emerged after the UAE recognized foreign exchange trading in 1989. Before all this took place, no trading involving speculation or buying and selling foreign currencies existed. Considering the evolution of foreign currencies universally, several wholesale individuals and trading companies opened stores in Dubai to provide brokerage services for business people and traders interested in buying and selling various currency pairs.
Dubai is the best destination for forex trading for investors worldwide. As a new trader excited to start your forex trading but are on the fence about it, continue reading this article.
Overview of Dubai’s Forex Market
The Dubai forex market is teeming with several banks offering customers multiple global currencies. The market size is so vast that it takes up most of the international trading volume. Dubai is also a burgeoning banking hub, which is accessible to its citizens and is drawn to the world’s most liquid markets. This makes it a perfect hub for inbound and outbound foreign exchange trading due to its proximity to international shipping hubs and its accessibility for worldwide visitors traveling for business or leisure. For example, currency trading in Dubai is thriving so rapidly that it has become the sixth busiest exchange in the world. Therefore, if you are looking to start trading in Dubai, it is up to you to decide what type of forex trading account will fit your needs.
The forex market in Dubai is almost similar to the forex markets in other countries in terms of functionality. The Dubai forex market is so thriving that investors from far and wide consider preferring the country over others for trading. Forex trading in Dubai is regulated and managed by the DFSA or the Dubai Financial Services Authority. Therefore, the currency pairs traded in Dubai are the USD, Euros, GBP, etc., the most significant currencies in the world.
When it comes to instruments traded there, the DFM or DMA is the most common. The DFM or Dubai Financial Market refers to a bid/ask quote system about the service related to the foreign exchange markets. It implies that traders can place bids and ask for each available currency pair. DMA or Dubai Market Access refers to forex markets and stock markets.
The range of Forex trading in Dubai is vast. The country is today a prominent hub of several financial banks and brokers who offer their services to foreign exchange traders. Some of Dubai’s most prominent financial banks are HSBC, Barclays, Lloyds, and Standard Chartered. In addition to these banks, there are brokers like Forex, FXCM, and FXPIG, which offer forex trading tools, currency trading strategies, and diverse financial resources all in one place.
Forex trading in Dubai is governed by The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), which regulates the Dubai financial market and oversees international transactions for all non-Dubai entities. The DFSA connects with the more comprehensive global network of financial markets, institutions, and traders. It monitors trading activity to identify any potential risk or illegal activity and undertakes surveillance activities, for example, anti-money laundering efforts.
Trading in Dubai is mainly conducted over the phone and electronic platforms rather than through the traditional exchange model. This has several advantages for Dubai’s forex market; firstly, it reduces costs and increases liquidity. The availability of other financial products is also crucial since Dubai forex brokers provide them for traders so that they can also trade in derivatives and spot forex or CFDs.
Measures that the DFSA has taken to ensure investor protection and market stability:
- The DFSA has accepted several steps to ensure the protection of traders and the strength of the UAE financial market. These include:
- They provide continuous surveillance of all market activity to protect investors and eliminate fraudulent practices from the market. Supervision is carried out on orders placed, trade settlements, money transfers, and customer complaints. The central objective is to protect investors by eliminating fraudulent practices and ensuring fair competition between domestic and international financial institutions for investor business.
- The establishment of an industry-backed clearing house. This is overseen by the UAE Central Bank and ensures a smooth, reliable mechanism for dealing with cross-border money.
- The creation of several committees overseeing the regulations and rules regarding forex trading in Dubai. Emirati experts, including financial experts from other member states, chair these committees.
- The establishment of a forex ombudsman committee that deals with disputes. This committee comprises local, international, and professional experts and has the power to hear complaints settle disputes and award compensation to investors.
Advantages of Dubai’s Forex Market
Dubai is a perfect destination for getting a business started. If forex trading in Dubai is what you plan to embark on, it is good to learn the advantages of doing so in advance. So let us look at some key advantages of investing in Dubai’s forex market:
- Tax benefits: There is not much to hash out when considering tax benefits. However, new traders should note importantly that traders need not pay any wealth tax in the UAE.
- Low barriers to entry: To start forex trading in Dubai, having a substantial amount of money is not required. Traders can start trading with fewer funds.
- Access to a wide range of currencies: The forex market in Dubai is highly cost-effective and, therefore, undoubtedly worth entering. You can start trading by accessing various currencies, for example, the US Dollar, Euro, British Pound, and UAE Dirhams.
For new traders, it is essential to note that Dubai’s location and burgeoning economy have made it an influential hub for business.
Over the last few recent years, Dubai has become the premier choice for multinationals relocating to a managerial destination.
Dubai is politically neutral in the Middle East and, therefore, not vulnerable to war or imbalance.
All these factors importantly grab the attention of an increasing legion of multinational individuals and companies looking for new markets and opportunities outside of Europe and ready to start investing in Dubai’s thriving market, known for offering outstanding cost-effectiveness to its traders.
Challenges and Risks
A forex market is a hub for trading various global currencies, for example, GBP, USD, AED, etc. The market helps traders profit by purchasing these currencies during deflation and selling them during inflation. Many individuals and companies make their fortune by investing in this market and making a quick profit. However, those who are planning to start trading in Dubai Forex should know the various potential risks and challenges related to it. So here are a few key risks and challenges that new traders must look at:
- Unpredictability: Forex markets are highly volatile in general. That is why it is wise not to wager your money randomly until you know the ropes of it, and sidestepping it will only bring about the financial loss to you always. You can enhance the chances of your success in trading by choosing a forex broker who will help you at every step.
- Regulatory changes: Dubai’s forex market is marginally regulated. The laws regulating forex trading are not as hard and fast as those implemented for other financial needs, such as stock or share marketing. Some traders misuse regulatory oversight during transactions and get around the rules about high-risk investments.
- Currency fluctuations: Different currencies of global countries fluctuate depending on the performance of their underlying economies. So, for example, if you plan to invest in the Dubai Forex market and its national currency AED goes into recession, the value of your currency will also drop.
Traders can overcome the trading risk mainly by following the tips mentioned below:
- Survey: Traders, relatively or entirely new to the forex market, find it hard to decide which currencies to invest in. Therefore, to enhance the odds of maximum success in the market, such traders should survey currencies thoroughly.
- Diversify your investment: Many traders commit the mistake of investing in one currency and incur losses sooner or later. After all, predicting which currency will deliver the best ROI and which one not is too hard for anyone. Therefore, rather than investing your hard-earned money in one currency, consider diversifying your investment in various currencies, and you will succeed.
- Exercise caution: Although forex trading is a great way to earn maximum profits, for new traders especially, doing so seems hard owing to their lack of knowledge. They do not know which currencies are worthy of investment and which ones are not. Therefore, it is wise to exercise caution and follow in the footsteps of a professional forex broker.
Dubai is considered among the top destinations in the world for foreign investors interested in forex trading due to its very safe and cost-effective forex market. The DFAS regulates the emirate’s financial system, providing investors with seamless protection against scams and other financial risks and challenges. Additionally, the Dubai government runs the extra mile for its investors by installing multiple measures to ensure that all transactions are made crystal-clear and safe.
The Dubai forex market is genuinely beneficial for its investors. The market allows traders to choose from various worldwide currencies to carry out trading. Also, the market enables them to branch out their portfolios and make the most of global opportunities. Moreover, the market is rife with an extreme level of liquidity, allowing traders to conduct trading immediately without concerning liquidity issues. All this quickly makes Dubai a perfect destination for foreign investors looking for a safe hub for making investments. So any foreign investor looking to invest in the forex market should consider Dubai once and for all. Do it, and you will see how cost-effective and secure the market is.